Details

Amar Bail

Website
Visit Website
Description Amarbail by Umaira Ahmad is a love story of Umar Jehangir and Aleezay Sikandar, set-up in the backdrop of Pakistani bureaucratic culture. A very simply written novel of Umaira Ahmed, deals with multiple issues of our society in a very intriguing manner. It is a story of imbalanced relationships, broken families, lust for power, complexes, insecurities and amidst all problems of love, its intensity and sacrifices. It depicts the true face of our bureaucratic system, highlighting social evils like corruption, nepotism.

The novel touches your heart by its brilliant portrayal of human emotions and psychology. It revolves around Umer Jehangir and Aleezay Sikandar. Two people both from broken bureaucrat families. Aleezay Sikandar who had her complexes, her desire in life to be loved and taken care of and Umar Jehangir, a character with multiple shades. What makes Umer intriguing and fascinating are the imperfections in him, a character that is very realistic but never sketched before, a mixture of good and evil, far from the usual perfect hero; normally depicted in our novels. On the surface he was a selfish and corrupt man, but deep inside he had a caring and sensitive heart, who longed for his mother's love, cared for his friends and was totally aware of his own weaknesses and that awareness of himself is what made him sacrifice his love. He is a character one cannot resist falling in love with despite all his weaknesses. We hope, Umaira's fans will also like this book.
Rating
  • 92/5
4.6/5 based on 10 votes.
Ownership webmaster
Tags , ,
Views 153749 views, 0 incoming clicks. Averaging 32 views and 0 incoming clicks per day.
Similar Listings
Akass Bail (Amar Bail)
Mohabbat Amar Hay
Submission Date 04:23:2011 (Edited )

Comments on Amar Bail

urrooj
#161 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 06:09:2011 - 01:19:42:

uffffffffffff i m mad about this novel,i just simply love it.whenever i read this,i start craying.............this is the most beautiful novel of my life n i would remember it throughout my life
abdul majid452
#162 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 05:30:2011 - 19:29:24:

this not too much imperessive i think peere kamil is better
however end is very hearttending
one good thing is the highlighting of our bad beurocracy,s attitude .they can do every thing with no exception of right or wrong
mona lisa
#163 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 05:27:2011 - 23:40:30:

don't have words to describe the beauty of the novel... truly amazing.. Umer was soo tempting and caring .. He shouldn't have died.. He used to alizey so deeply and he was so charming as well . It really made me cry alot when i read that part where he died but overall THE NOVEL IS FANTASTIC ..
asy
#164 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 05:25:2011 - 14:14:54:

fantastic novel ......but na chahtey huy bhi bohot rulaaya hai umera gee app nay,kitna intresting tha sara story ka scene itni achi dunya thi imagination ki, but agar thora aur lamba kar kay junaid aur alizey ki shadi kay 15 years kay baad, happy moments bata deti to dil ko sabr aa jaataa......... but great job.....wownod
Talha
#165 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 05:25:2011 - 10:53:51:

One of the best novels I have read in any language.

The story, dialogues, settings, all are near perfect. The Heroine and hero, both are HUMANS, not saints. I hated Umer from the start since he was corrupt, and part of a corrupt setup. He did some good as well, his character is complex and many-layered, something of a rarity in Urdu literature.

Similarly Alizeh is a constant whiner, ultimately she gives in to her lifestyle. She can be a whining irritation, I hate to imagine Junaid's life after marrying her.

All the other characters had many shades as well, and the novel continues to defy expectations till the very end. The author has portrayed our politics, judiciary, bureaucracy, NGOs and press very well, and the best part is that none of it feels like forced inclusion but a natural background to the Umar/Alizeh love triangle/rectangle.

Things are complex in this novel, and it is refreshing. A must-read. Umaira has to be one of the stalwarts of Urdu literature.
sidra
#166 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 05:24:2011 - 22:19:35:

I loved this novel, Umer Jehangir shouldn’t have got killed cuz of his role i read full novel but ending was verrrrrrrrrrrrrry sad and it made me cry, loved Umer's character n yet very true despite all his weaknesses u cannot resist falling in love with him..
ukan
New

Usergroup: member

Total Listings: 0
Total Comments: 1
#167 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 05:21:2011 - 13:15:49:

بہت بہترین ناول تھا،پر کچھ طویل تھا کہیں کہیں یہ طوالت بوجھ لگی لیکن آفٹر آل اچھا اور سبْ آموز ناول تھا۔عمر اورعلیزہ دونوں ہی کے کردار بلکل ٹھیک اسی طرح پوٹریٹ ہوے جیسے نوے فیصدبروکن فیملیز کے سفر کرنے والے بچوں کے ہوتے ہیں
اس ناول کا درامہ بہت جلدی میں بنایا ہوا لگتا ہےڈرامے سے ناول کہیں کہیں زیادہ اچھاہے۔
head to you UMEERA JI
reader
#168 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 05:19:2011 - 22:49:46:

excellent..........
i donot have words to describe it............
end na bhut rulaya........
Usman Shahid
#169 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 05:17:2011 - 14:28:18:

Fantastic, superb, Kia bat hai yar mene bohet kuch sekha hai is novel se.

Lekin end pe aake thora sa kam galat ho gaya hai jahan umer jahangir mar jata hai.

Otherwise, it is a great novel
#170 - Quote - Permalink
Posted 05:16:2011 - 10:00:21:

bohattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt hi shandaar novel hay
lkn bohat rulata hay ye novel end par.umer is novel ki jaaan hay.

Sorry, you don't have permission to post comments. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.

Please login or register.